- An unpaired (usually X) chromosome in a diploid chromosome complement.More example sentences
- RSLs are lines in which a chromosome pair is replaced by a recombined monosome (monosomic RSL) or disome (disomic RSL).
- This shoulder peak disappears if extracts are centrifuged under conditions that dissociate monosomes and polysomes into free 40S and 60S subunits.
- Thirty-four monosomes and telosomes, representing 18 of the 26 chromosomes, were used in combination with six mutants that were associated with nine loci.
More definitions of monosomeDefinition of monosome in:
- The US English dictionary