1Relating to or consisting of only one species.
- No differences were detected in either species whether they foraged in monospecific flocks or mixed species flocks, and therefore, there are no indications of habitat displacement.
- In addition, there are six genera with three taxa, 10 genera with two taxa, and 71 monospecific genera.
- Mixed patches of H. wrightii and T. testudinum were found along much of the margin between monospecific stands of these two species.
1.1(Of an antibody) specific to one antigen.
- Protein extracts from Escherichia coli expressing this fusion were subjected to SDS-PAGE, transferred to nitrocellulose filters, and used for affinity purification of monospecific antibodies from the crude sera.
- By western blot assays the antibody was monospecific against the Mn-SOD of pea leaf extracts.
- All isolates were tested for polysaccharide serotype and cell surface-expressed protein profile by double immunoprecipation in agarose using monospecific antisera.
Definition of monospecific in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.