- An oxide containing one atom of oxygen in its molecule or empirical formula.More example sentences
- This atomic chlorine reacts readily with ozone to produce chlorine monoxide and molecular oxygen.
- He continued to work productively, analysing the chemistry of chlorine bleaches and preparing hypochlorous acid and chlorine monoxide for the first time.
- The deleterious consumption of monoxides and dioxides has also weakened my mental acuity, sensitivity and enthusiasm.
More definitions of monoxideDefinition of monoxide in:
- The US English dictionary