- Of or inhabiting mountainous country: montane grasslandsMore example sentences
- The species inhabits the understoreys of montane forests, mainly plateau forests.
- The land selected was, according to old British maps, once a shola montane forest with grassland draining into a large wetland.
- Sure, you'll pass through three distinct ecosystems - montane, subalpine, and alpine tundra.
mid 19th century: from Latin montanus, from mons, mont- 'mountain'.
More definitions of montaneDefinition of montane in:
- The US English dictionary