- (Of a drug) capable of inducing changes of mood.More example sentences
- Belonging to a class of mood-altering drugs, barbiturates induce relaxation and sleep.
- Abstinence from all mood-altering drugs (including alcohol) is required during the program.
- Whether mood-altering drugs are used for therapeutic purposes, as when a depressed patient is prescribed Prozac, or for recreational purposes, as when a party-goer takes Ecstasy, the chemical action is similar.
More definitions of mood-alteringDefinition of mood-altering in:
- The US English dictionary