- (In China) a circular opening forming a gateway in a wall.More example sentences
- This complex little sculpture shows a circular, so-called ‘moon gate’ in a roofed garden wall overhung with branches of paulownia and surrounded by ornamental pierced rocks.
- Entry is through a circular stone moon gate that leads over a pre-Roman style split-bough path to the inner circle where the elements of earth, air, fire and water combine to induce a sense of tranquillity.
- A traditional circular entrance, or moon gate, creates the sense of entering a special place.
More definitions of moon gateDefinition of moon gate in:
- The US English dictionary