- A large pale green silk moth with transparent eyespots on each wing and long tail-like projections on the hindwings.
More example sentences
- Several genera and species in the family Saturniidae. See also luna moth
- There are a number of moon moths with tails varying in length from mere stubs to long streamers.
- The Spanish moon moth, closely related to tropical silk moths, adds a touch of exoticism to the park's insect life.
- A butterfly collector has been arrested by the police for using traps baited with live specimens of the Spanish moon moth, a protected endemic species.