- A shaft through the bottom of a drilling ship, oil rig, etc. for lowering and raising equipment into or from the water.More example sentences
- This will not cause any damage to the pipe if performed in a fully controlled manner as the base of the vessel moon pool has a 7.5 metre radius
- The moon pool is the hole through the bottom of a drillship that allows the drill pipe to pass through.
- With a 40 ton crane, 40 ton Poclain swing shovel, 4 berth accommodation, 4 workshops and 2 moon pools, the contracts you can chase with such a versatile barge would pay for itself in no time at all.
More definitions of moon poolDefinition of moon pool in:
- The US English dictionary