- 1 • dialect A native of the county of Wiltshire.[with reference to the Wiltshire story of men caught raking a pond for kegs of smuggled brandy, who feigned madness to fool the revenue men, by saying they were raking out the moon]More example sentences
- The legend of the Wiltshire moonrakers is well known.
- If you're born and bred in the county, you can rightfully claim to be a 'Moonraker'.
- 2A small square sail set above a skysail on a sailing ship.More example sentences
- Any sail unfurled that is higher than the 3rd layer is technically a moonraker.