noun (plural same)
- A large deer with palmate antlers and a growth of skin hanging from the neck, native to northern Eurasia and northern North America. Also called elk in Britain.
More example sentences
- Alces alces, family Cervidae
- Expect to spot bison, elk, deer, moose, coyote and many winter birds during your ski.
- In the north, the densities of large game such as caribou, moose, and deer are relatively low.
- The only plant eaters to survive were reindeer that grazed on lichens and moose that fed on willows.
early 17th century: from Abnaki mos.
More definitions of mooseDefinition of moose in:
- The US English dictionary