noun[treated as plural]
- The majority of people, regarded as favouring firm moral standards: smokers are often made to feel like social outcasts by the moral majorityMore example sentences
- They have no moral majority to make this stance, and I say that it is an affront to our Westminster democratic system.
- We have to be very careful of minorities that present themselves as the moral majority when they are not.
- It is unfortunate that we have not been able to secure a UN resolution or even a moral majority.
1970s: originally as Moral Majority, the name of a right-wing movement in the US.
More definitions of moral majorityDefinition of moral majority in:
- The US English dictionary