Overfond of making moral judgements about others' behaviour; too ready to moralize: the media’s homophobic and moralistic coverage of AIDS
More example sentences
- Fertility behaviour was consequently interpreted in a conservative and moralistic way, and the decline in the birth-rate was attributed to the ‘selfishness of women’.
- As might have been expected by anybody outside the blinkered world of health promotion, moralistic anti-smoking propaganda directed at adolescents has proved counterproductive.
- Whatever their true motivations, there can be little doubt that the company is adopting an increasingly moralistic stance toward its customers, and internet users in general.
- Example sentences
- This fabricated nonsense is just the type of untruth that paints the image of our office as being a moralistically hostile environment.
- I don't think it's "illegal" but it's moralistically incorrect.
- But if lying is moralistically wrong, how can it ever be justified?
Definition of moralistic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.