(also moray eel)
A mainly nocturnal eel-like predatory fish of warm seas, which typically hides in crevices with just the head protruding.
- Family Muraenidae: several genera and numerous species, including Muraena helena of the East Atlantic and Mediterranean
More example sentences
- The rocky reefs and the small caverns formed within them are home to groupers, moray and conger eels, scorpionfish, many octopuses and the occasional spiny lobster.
- No sea cows or bovines here, but we spotted puffer fish and a giant moray and plenty of groupers.
- All the familiar reef fish are there plus morays, sting rays, you name it.
Definition of moray in:
- The US English dictionary