- Causing disease: in cholera the morbific matter is taken into the alimentary canalMore example sentences
- In this way morbific agents can be transferred through the feed from animals of one cage to animals in other cages.
- They were victims of morbific agents encountered at work.
- Heart disease is an affection of the heart brought on by morbific agents turned loose in the blood from imperfect digestion.
mid 17th century: from French morbifique or modern Latin morbificus, from Latin morbus 'disease'.
More definitions of morbificDefinition of morbific in:
- The US English dictionary