noun (plural morellos)
- A dark cherry of a sour kind used in cooking: [as modifier]: morello cherriesMore example sentences
- It looked like a pour-on morello sauce from a jar, gooey and without taste.
- Later in summer, we might get a glimpse of the bitter morello variety, used for cooking and preserving.
- He also finds the morellos to be simultaneously sweeter and more astringent.
mid 17th century: from Italian morello 'blackish', from medieval Latin morellus, diminutive of Latin Maurus 'Moor'.
More definitions of morelloDefinition of morello in:
- The US English dictionary