- Denoting or served in a cheese-flavoured white sauce: mornay sauce [postpositive]: cauliflower mornayMore example sentences
- The Oyster Bar offers a dizzying array of dishes from a half dozen rested on ice to a baked dish with spinach and mornay cheese sauce or lightly grilled oysters with bacon.
- Noodle rolls filled with minced Tasmanian possum, topped with mornay sauce.
- The lobster was split in half and then mixed with mornay and Sauce Americaine.
perhaps named after Mornay, the eldest son of the 19th-century French chef Joseph Voiron, who apparently invented the sauce.
More definitions of mornayDefinition of mornay in:
- The US English dictionary