Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of morning after in English:
1A morning on which a person has a hangover.
- One terrible morning after, Andy prepares a remark-able hangover cure for him.
- Then he added, jokingly, ‘It might have been a morning after a frat party.’
- The morning after I took my first dose, I woke up with a strange headache.
- There is no morning after if the night never ends, so get up and get right back into it.
1.2An unpleasant aftermath of imprudent behavior: his first year of college was one long party—eventually he would have to face the morning after
More example sentences
- It's as if Hollywood were experiencing some unusual fabric shortage, and I wouldn't be surprised if a legion of actresses have colds or flus by morning after.
- The people have spoken and they have voted for war. there's got to be a morning after there's got to be a morning after…
- There's got to be a morning after, as the line from the disaster movie song goes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.