A climbing plant of the convolvulus family, sometimes cultivated for its trumpet-shaped flowers.
- Genus Ipomoea, family Convolvulaceae: several species, in particular the purple-flowered I. purpureus of tropical America
More example sentences
- Small flowered clematis, morning glory, the less vigorous climbing roses, nasturtiums and many others grow well in containers.
- When the weather warms up, sow seeds of cosmos, marigold, morning glory, portulaca, nasturtium, sunflower, and zinnia for splashes of color.
- Climbers don't really climb, as clematis or morning glory do, with tendrils that attach themselves to a fence or trellis.
More definitions of morning gloryDefinition of morning glory in:
- The US English dictionary