noun(usually morning prayers)
1A formal act of worship held in the morning: decorations awarded to past pupils were announced at morning prayers
More example sentences
- Every morning the Ansar recruits would rise for morning prayers and then do physical training until the sun came over the horizon.
- Assume that Jews traditionally have a celebratory feast on Saturday after morning prayers and call it the ‘Sabbath feast.’
- That's why the morning prayers begin with a series of blessings thanking God for the simple and obvious.
1.1(In the Anglican Church) the service of matins.
- Went along to morning prayer at the church which I have really been enjoying - finding fun in the fact that God can really powerfully move in such a formal setting!
- I returned quickly to my quarters for morning prayer.
- I woke up in time for morning prayer, had breakfast, arrived early for my 9 am lecture and stayed fully awake throughout it.
Definition of morning prayer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.