1 Biology The origin and development of morphological characteristics.
- While this process may be gradual in different cell types, certain cells undergo very rapid and complex morphogenesis.
- During morphogenesis at any developmental stage, all plant cells require modifications of the cell wall structure.
- Cell adhesion and cell separation are important in the morphogenesis and development of higher plants.
2 Geology The formation of landforms or other structures.
- But with the summer sun only 15° from overhead, and even the winter sun well above the horizon, how did mid-latitude periglacial morphogenesis work?
- Function addresses the issue of how the structure was selected to perform one or several activities, while fabrication deals with the biophysical processes acting during the morphogenesis of the structure.
- Example sentences
- The computational model can extrapolate the morphogenetic movements of human organs such as the eye, heart, lung etc.
- The best method would be to model intrinsic morphogenetic processes, which directly control the shape and size of chambers, including the localization of apertures.
- We also see evidence that it is a relatively new gene, one that is taking over a morphogenetic function that may have been carried out by several other more primitive genes in the ancestral insect.
- Example sentences
- This bone morphogenic protein stimulates the cells and forms bone.
- Bone morphogenic protein is a relatively new, genetically engineered protein recently approved by the US Food and Drug Administration.
- Regardless of the sensory pathway through which stem shortening is elicited, the morphogenic effect is important regarding crop canopy dynamics and light competition between developing plants.
Definition of morphogenesis in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.