- A type of light pink, smooth-textured Italian sausage containing pieces of fat, typically served in slices.More example sentences
- At the deli counter or in the refrigerator case: Cured meats such as prosciutto, coppa, mortadella, salami, and Italian sausage
- His antipasto misto was an impressive-looking plate-filling selection of cold meats and salad, featuring salami, mortadella and parma ham, which she set about with gusto before pronouncing herself full and happy.
- There's a choice of Italian cold cuts - you know the list, capicollo to mortadella to prosciutto - served on crusty fresh bread.
Italian diminutive, formed irregularly from Latin murtatum '(sausage) seasoned with myrtle berries'.
More definitions of mortadellaDefinition of mortadella in:
- The US English dictionary