- An undertaker.More example sentences
- During his tour in Iraq last year, Cotnoir had been a military mortician responsible for preparing soldiers for open-casket funerals.
- The standard drill: bodies arrive via truck, usually delivered by morticians or drivers employed by the Coroner's Office, as you need a license to haul dead people.
- Inside the tent, U.S. officials said it was standard practice to use morticians putty to prepare bodies for viewing and was not intended to fool the Iraqi people.
late 19th century: from Latin mors, mort- 'death' + -ician.
More definitions of morticianDefinition of mortician in:
- The US English dictionary