- A marine fish of Australian waters, typically brightly coloured and sometimes commercially fished.
More example sentences
- Nemadactylus and other genera, family Cheilodactylidae
- It is grouped for statistical and commercial purposes with the morwong.
- From the cooler water morwong, to a splendid angelfish and the brightly speckled hawkfish, this oceanic haven in the middle of a vast sea vibrates to the rhythm of the Pacific's currents.
- Juvenile dusky morwong meander nearby, while octopus and cuttlefish hide below suspended beams and the tips of old hollowed piles.
late 19th century: probably from a New South Wales Aboriginal language.