noun[mass noun] Biology
- The property or state of being composed of cells of two genetically different types.More example sentences
- High rates of structural instability have in fact been reported for palindromic transgenes in mice, where mitotic mosaicism and rearranged versions of the transgene have been detected in the progeny.
- This can be explained on the basis of germline or gonadal mosaicism.
- This results in female mosaicism for loci located in the differential chromosome region.
More definitions of mosaicismDefinition of mosaicism in:
- The US English dictionary