- A small plant of north temperate regions, with pale green musk-scented flowers which grow at right angles to each other, forming five sides of a cube.
More example sentences
- Adoxa moschatellina, family Adoxaceae
- The woodland areas are dominated by ash, oak, birch and hazel with an interesting ground flora including dog's mercury, wood anemone and moschatel.
- The flora is suggestive in places of old oak woodland with goldilocks, buttercup, moschatel, bugle and wood sedge.
- The fact that the site is located in such a steeply sided incised valley and the presence of certain indicator species such as moschatel suggest that it could be ancient semi-natural woodland.
mid 18th century: from French moscatelle, from Italian moscatella, from moscato 'musk'.