noun (plural moshavim)
- A cooperative association of Israeli smallholders.More example sentences
- Coops in Israel are part of a broad cooperative sector that also includes credit, housing, and consumer cooperatives and the famous cooperative agricultural settlements, kibbutzim and moshavim.
- The other 10 percent live in kibbutzim and moshavim (communal farms) or in small villages.
- In fact, Israelis who established the 21 Jordan Valley settlements, for example, were primarily not religious settlers, but secular men and women who founded kibbutzim and moshavim for security reasons.
from Hebrew mōšāḇ, literally 'dwelling'.
More definitions of moshavDefinition of moshav in:
- The US English dictionary