- 1As regards the greater part or number: the culprits are mostly, but not exclusively, maleMore example sentences
- The bottom was mostly composed of thick black silt, and the carp happily fed in this.
- They mostly looked sad and bored, and seemed to regard the security woman with pity.
- The lake bed is mostly clean gravel, picked over by the numerous bottom feeding fish.
- 1.1Usually; generally: I made some good friends, but mostly met closed-minded peopleMore example sentences
- Mr. Odd lived with his mother, who mostly kept to herself.
- In terms of crime control, prison cells spent on people past the age of forty are mostly wasted.
- He has already spent 16 months in jail, mostly in solitary confinement.