- A person who sees to the needs of others, especially in a fussy or interfering way: Josephine got to be a real mother hen, giving everybody a bit of what they neededMore example sentences
- I am a passionately involved community builder, I'm an activist, I know the importance of the spiritual life to my activism, so I try to work on that, and I'm a bit of a mother hen as well to all the young activists in Perth I think.
- Throughout the evening, Patterson plays the mother hen, encouraging the kids' performances, moving a lighting rig here, adjusting a mic there.
- Everyone needs a mother hen once in a while.
More definitions of mother henDefinition of mother hen in:
- The US English dictionary