noun (plural mothers-in-law)
- The mother of one’s husband or wife.More example sentences
- Whenever possible, we go back to relieve his wife and my mother-in-law Judith of her bedside vigil.
- The problem hit home to me early last year as my wife, my mother-in-law and I caught a taxi home from a party in a Bristol city-centre hotel.
- Meddling mothers-in-law, couch-potato husbands, and disobedient kids make you laugh - and wince - because you share the frustrations of the actors on TV.
More definitions of mother-in-lawDefinition of mother-in-law in:
- The US English dictionary