- The language which a person has grown up speaking from early childhood.More example sentences
- As a rule, interpreters are supposed to translate between their mother tongue and another language.
- Many immigrants not only learn English in addition to their mother tongue, but also speak other languages.
- Krio is spoken as a mother tongue by some 250,000 people in and around Freetown and by many more Sierra Leoneans as a second language.
More definitions of mother tongueDefinition of mother tongue in:
- The US English dictionary