Definition of motionless in English:
Not moving; stationary: an eagle hung almost motionless close to the ground
More example sentences
- The victim's partner lay unconscious and motionless on the pavement for seven minutes after the attack.
- Hundreds of people were standing, motionless and quiet, watching the screens with open mouths.
- When I got to him he wasn't breathing, and was lying motionless on the road.
- Example sentences
- But they gazed motionlessly at some far-away nothingness.
- I sit there motionlessly, hands on the steering wheel.
- All I could see was blood everywhere, with my father lying motionlessly on the floor, the greater part of his body covered in the ash from the fire.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan