- A part of the central nervous system concerned with muscular action, especially the motor cortex.More example sentences
- This technique rapidly became a standard way of testing the integrity of the nerve pathway from the motor area of the cerebral cortex to the motoneurons in the spinal cord.
- A condition resulting from a developmental defect or damage to the brain occurring before birth (or in some cases during or shortly after birth), cerebral palsy affects the motor areas of the brain.
- Cerebral palsy is a term used to describe a group of chronic disorders caused by faulty early development of or damage to motor areas in the brain.
More definitions of motor areaDefinition of motor area in:
- The US English dictionary