Definition of motor drive in English:
1A mechanical system that includes an electric motor and drives a machine.
- We built a variable motor drive for a washing machine and it added $250 to the final cost.
- The book takes a very systematic approach to both installing and troubleshooting electric motor drives.
- Engineers traced the problem to the electronics that control the tape player's motor drive.
1.1A battery-driven motor in a camera used to wind the film rapidly between exposures.
- With the new batteries, the motor drive and camera are functioning just perfectly.
- I normally use 2 or 3 camera bodies with motor drives when shooting fireworks.
- As I scurried to retrieve my smalls, the whirr of a dozen camera motor drives signalled that the whole unhappy episode was being captured on film.
Definition of motor drive in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan