- A nerve cell forming part of a pathway along which impulses pass from the brain or spinal cord to a muscle or gland.More example sentences
- Muscles are stimulated by signals from nerve cells called motor neurons.
- Muscles are wired to the brain by nerve cells called motor neurons, which are like wires biochemically soldered to the outside of a muscle fibre.
- The polio virus damages 95% of brain stem and spinal cord motor neurons, killing on average at least half of them.
More definitions of motor neuronDefinition of motor neuron in:
- The US English dictionary