- 1A dual-carriageway road designed for fast traffic, with relatively few places for joining or leaving.More example sentences
- Road noise can be reduced by the use of quieter road surfaces, screens erected alongside urban motorways and dual carriageways and better traffic management.
- Remember: the speed limit when towing is 50 mph on single carriageway roads and 60 mph on dual carriageways and motorways.
- While major routes such as trunk roads and motorways receive relatively large amounts of cash, Scotland's local roads are in dire need of repair.
More definitions of motorwayDefinition of motorway in:
- The US English dictionary