- A shaped strip of wood or other material fitted as a decorative architectural feature, especially in a cornice: a decorative plaster moulding placed at the centre of a ceiling [mass noun]: you can fit a strip of hardwood cove moulding into the cornerMore example sentences
- The lounges and dining rooms are immensely pretty, with parquet floors, pastel walls, white stucco decorative mouldings and painted rococo ceilings in the Tiepolo style.
- The stucco cornicing and ceiling mouldings have been carefully restored.
- In keeping with local period practice, appropriate decorative moldings, cornices, and other architectural trim have been installed.
More definitions of mouldingDefinition of moulding in:
- The US English dictionary