- A burrowing forest-dwelling rodent occurring only on the west coast of North America. Also called sewellel.
More example sentences
- Aplodontia rufa, the only member of the family Aplodontidae
- This legislation would have allowed the use of traps on moles, gophers and mountain beavers, and provided additional protections for livestock.
- A few years ago, after clearing a slope obscured by fallen trees and nettles for use as a rhododendron glen, they discovered mountain beavers.
More definitions of mountain beaverDefinition of mountain beaver in:
- The US English dictionary