noun[mass noun] • informal
- Illicitly distilled alcohol, especially whisky or rum.More example sentences
- The Co Clare distillery has been working at full tilt for the past few months to get enough legally made mountain dew out to the US in time for the annual celebrations.
- Everybody seemed to know his job and needed no incentive to carry it out other than the hope of a taste of the real old mountain dew.
- One local comes from a recognised poitin-making dynasty - his father and grandfather before him were acknowledged to be among the area's finest producers of the mountain dew.
More definitions of mountain dewDefinition of mountain dew in:
- The US English dictionary