Definition of mountain goat in English:
1 (also Rocky Mountain goat) A goat-antelope with shaggy white hair and backward curving horns, living in the Rocky Mountains of North America.
- Oreamnos americanus, family Bovidae
- Tracks made by birds, elk, deer, big horn sheep, Rocky Mountain goats and the occasional mountain lion are more common in the Black Hills back country.
- Stop along this byway to hike across broad plateaus and to admire Rocky Mountain goats, moose, black bears, grizzly bears, marmots, and mule deer.
- See wildlife such as bison, elk, mountain goats and bighorn sheep.
2Any goat that lives on mountains, proverbial for agility.
- He turns his lens time and again to the majesty and grace of the tahr, the endangered mountain goat found in the Western Ghats.
- If you are lucky you may see an ibex, or wild mountain goat.
- Nepal is known internationally for its wool garments, which are made from the fur of the pashmina, a mountain goat that scales the snow-capped mountains.
Definition of mountain goat in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan