Definition of mountain goat in English:
1 (also Rocky Mountain goat) A goat-antelope with shaggy white hair and backward curving horns, living in the Rocky Mountains of North America.
- Oreamnos americanus, family Bovidae
- Tracks made by birds, elk, deer, big horn sheep, Rocky Mountain goats and the occasional mountain lion are more common in the Black Hills back country.
- Stop along this byway to hike across broad plateaus and to admire Rocky Mountain goats, moose, black bears, grizzly bears, marmots, and mule deer.
- See wildlife such as bison, elk, mountain goats and bighorn sheep.
2Any goat that lives on mountains, proverbial for agility.
- He turns his lens time and again to the majesty and grace of the tahr, the endangered mountain goat found in the Western Ghats.
- If you are lucky you may see an ibex, or wild mountain goat.
- Nepal is known internationally for its wool garments, which are made from the fur of the pashmina, a mountain goat that scales the snow-capped mountains.
Definition of mountain goat in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.