- The sport or activity of climbing mountains: the village of Glencoe is surrounded by fantastic mountains—ideal for skiing and mountaineering in the winter [as modifier]: a mountaineering expeditionMore example sentences
- Most mountaineering trainers say that rock climbing is all in the head.
- Equipment failure in rock climbing and mountaineering is extraordinarily rare.
- She will also try her hand at ice climbing, mountaineering and trekking.
More definitions of mountaineeringDefinition of mountaineering in:
- The US English dictionary