Definition of mourner in English:
1A person who attends a funeral as a relative or friend of the dead person.
- Family servants acted as pallbearers; the mourners were family and friends of the family.
- Meanwhile, more than 300 mourners attended Clare's funeral, at St George's Church, to remember the life of their friend and colleague.
- More than 1250 mourners attended Wodehouse's funeral in Edmonton.
2Any of a number of drab-coloured South American tyrant flycatchers and related birds.
- Families Tyrannidae, Pipridae, and Cotingidae: four genera and several species; the classification is uncertain
- The Pale-bellied Mourner (Rhytipterna immunda) of northern South America is rare in museum collections, virtually unknown in life, and of uncertain generic and familial affinities.
Words that rhyme with mournercorner, fauna, forewarner, Lorna, Morna, sauna, scorner, suborner, warner
Definition of mourner in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.