A mouse-like opossum with large ears and no marsupial pouch, native to Central and South America.
- Genus Marmosa, family Didelphidae: several species
More example sentences
- He suggested that Robinson's mouse opossum was a major nest predator at his study site.
- Also called mouse opossums and rat opossums, their appearance is more suggestive of shrews.
- These creatures are prey to vertebrates like birds, mouse opossums, salamanders, and frogs.
Definition of mouse opossum in:
- The US English dictionary