- An insectivorous bat with a long mouse-like tail, native to Africa and Asia and often found in man-made structures.
More example sentences
- Family Rhinopomatidae and genus Rhinopoma: three species
- Colonies of thousands of mouse-tailed bats occupy roosts in large ruined buildings, often palaces and temples.
- One species, MacInnes's mouse-tailed bat, is categorized as vulnerable, facing a high risk of extinction in the wild due to the destruction of the bat's natural habitat.
- India's remaining bats have their origins in western Asia and are primarily arid-climate species such as the tomb bats and mouse-tailed bats.
More definitions of mouse-tailed batDefinition of mouse-tailed bat in:
- The US English dictionary