- A Greek dish made of minced lamb, aubergines, and tomatoes, with cheese sauce on top.More example sentences
- Hummus, taramasalata, tzatziki, moussaka, souvlaki - all the greatest hits are present and correct in Aberdeen's only Greek restaurant.
- Greeks create such masterpieces as moussaka, a layered dish of eggplant, meat, cheese, and bread crumbs sometimes served with a white sauce.
- The major triumphs of the canteen school were the discoveries of moussaka and lasagne, which serve their art perfectly, but the Sistine Chefs have had to try a bit harder.
from Turkish musakka, based on Arabic.
More definitions of moussakaDefinition of moussaka in:
- The US English dictionary