An edible mushroom with a flattish white cap, pink gills, and a mealy smell.
- Clitopilus prunulus, family Agaricaceae, class Hymenomycetes
More example sentences
- This Catalan fricassee is the finest version of a traditional veal dish with mousserons, morels or chanterelles.
- The St. Peter's fish was served crispy skin up on a bed of tiny fiddleheads and mousserons that looked like doll food.
- It's a bad year for mushrooms - too hot on the Continent and too wet in Britain, and cèpes and mousserons are incredibly hard to come by.
More definitions of mousseronDefinition of mousseron in:
- The US English dictionary