- (Of wine) sparkling: vin mousseuxMore example sentences
- Landron's Muscadets (bottled under the Domaine de la Louvetrie label) are stellar, and I did not know that we would be getting in a bit of Jo's vin mousseux as well.
- Villages where grapes for AOC Anjou mousseux are grown are marked.
noun (plural same)[mass noun] Back to top
- Sparkling wine.More example sentences
- Saumur's most important wine (and France's most important mousseux) is Saumur Mousseux, a well-priced sparkling wine made from Chenin Blanc grapes with Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
- Yet just the other day I was charged a stunning 23 quid for a dreadful bottle of mousseux.
- We also received a complimentary bottle of mousseux that was very good.
from French, from mousse 'froth'.
More definitions of mousseuxDefinition of mousseux in:
- The US English dictionary