nounchiefly North American
A person who goes to the cinema, especially on a regular basis.
- You are a regular moviegoer so you have seen all this before.
- A regular moviegoer with a conventional grasp of history would simply call it phony.
- Zhang said China also needs to build more cinemas to entertain the growing number of moviegoers.
moviegoing noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Personally, my parents (bless them) started taking me to see (mostly French) films with subtitles when I was about ten, and I tend to see them as just a normal part of moviegoing.
- However, in defense of my generation's moviegoing habits, I feel it necessary to counter Roger's list with what I think are the twenty best movies from the past twenty years.
- The plethora of coverage in the mainstream press, itself unusual for a Mexican film, has by now acquainted the moviegoing public with some of the details of the phenomenon.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: movie|goer
Definition of moviegoer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.