Definition of moviegoer in English:
nounchiefly North American
A person who goes to the cinema, especially regularly.
- You are a regular moviegoer so you have seen all this before.
- A regular moviegoer with a conventional grasp of history would simply call it phony.
- Zhang said China also needs to build more cinemas to entertain the growing number of moviegoers.
moviegoing noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Personally, my parents (bless them) started taking me to see (mostly French) films with subtitles when I was about ten, and I tend to see them as just a normal part of moviegoing.
- However, in defense of my generation's moviegoing habits, I feel it necessary to counter Roger's list with what I think are the twenty best movies from the past twenty years.
- The plethora of coverage in the mainstream press, itself unusual for a Mexican film, has by now acquainted the moviegoing public with some of the details of the phenomenon.
Definition of moviegoer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan