- 1 [often with submodifier] In motion: a fast-moving riverMore example sentences
- They swayed with the motion of the moving car, occasionally glancing around at the other passengers.
- Burberry has just done that, ordering a giant, gently moving mobile for its flagship Tokyo store.
- Attached over your baby's cot, a mobile's moving shapes and bright colours will attract your baby's gaze.
- 2Producing strong emotion, especially sadness or sympathy: an unforgettable and moving bookMore example sentences
- She went ahead with it, and from all accounts, it was an extremely emotional, moving experience.
- Nothing like a nice bit of moving emotional opera first thing in the morning to get you ready for the day's work ahead…
- The strong script, with moving dialogues, gets the viewer completely hooked.
- sense 2.More example sentences
- So in the end, the author's point is effectively, even movingly, made.
- Some visitors to church tell me afterwards they have never heard the Gospel presented so powerfully and movingly.
- He also talks movingly about the problems of commuting from Belfast and the pain of being away from his children.