- (Of an electrical device such as a voltmeter or microphone) containing a wire coil suspended in a magnetic field, so that the coil either moves in response to a current or produces a current when it is made to move.More example sentences
- This permanent-magnet moving-coil meter movement is the basic movement in most measuring instruments.
- A moving-coil loudspeaker uses a coil of wire suspended in a stationary magnetic field.
- Moving coil and low-level type transformers are very much alike.
More definitions of moving-coilDefinition of moving-coil in:
- The US English dictionary