1A means of compressing a sound sequence into a very small file, to enable digital storage and transmission.
- Here is an mp3 file of the first movement of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik in its original form.
- Users can also download the audio portion and listen to the mp3 file on a portable audio device.
- The MP3 format for digital music has had, and will continue to have, a huge impact on how people collect, listen to and distribute music.
1.1 [count noun] A file in MP3 format: technicalities aside, ripping your own MP3s is easy [as modifier]: an MP3 file
More example sentences
- The answer: just turn the whole thing into one MP3.
- Someone Googled me this morning looking for this very MP3.
- You won't find videos, MP3s, or other flashy media on the site's bare-bones profile pages.
1990s: from MPEG + Audio Layer-3.
Definition of MP3 in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.